Saturday, October 13, 2012

Germans!


This is a lovely hotel but we are the only English people here we think. There are a few Aussies but most of the guests are…..wait for it….German!
I have worked with many Germans during my career and found them great! But I’ve never been on holiday with them and the Germans here don’t appear to speak English particularly well (why should they?)
So far we have not mentioned ze war and I have not been able to use my ‘O’ level German “ Mein stopplich ist kaput” or “Die bushalterstrelle is voll” …why on earth was I taught those tremendously useful phrases…”My brakelight is broken” or “The bus stop is full”? No wonder Brits are useless at languages!

Anywhy the Germans are here and we are enjoying watching them. There’s  Hans and Gretal, Fritz and Monica but there’s also Bernt and Stefan!  We have some lovely gay boys in their very skimpy trunks. We do not have German sausage for breakfast!

However what seems to upset them is that they have to order everything in English as the Thai’s don’t have a clue on their language! Breakfast time is particularly amusing “Kan I pleeze af egg und bacon bitte”

We’re relaxing and doing absolutely nothing apart from people watching.
Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment